G. Sangalli's Curriculum Vitae
- 28 January 2002: Ph.D. graduated in Mathematics at the
University of Milano, with the thesis:
Analysis of numerical methods devoted to the
advection-diffusion problem (advisor: Prof. Franco Brezzi)
- 15 January 1997: B.S. graduated (cum laude) in Mathematics at the
University of Pavia
- Isogeometric analysis based on Nonuniform Rational B-Splines
- Domain decomposition methods
- Multiscale numerical methods, e.g. the Residual-Free Bubble (RFB) finite element method
- Numerical methods for transport-dominated problems
Temporary visiting positions
- 5-10/6/2016, Semiplenary lecture at ECCOMAS Congress 2016, in Crete.
- 23-28/6/2016, Plenary lecture at the 9th International Conference on Mathematical Methods for Curves and Surfaces, in Tonsberg, (Norway).
- 24-27/2/2015, Plenary lecture at GDSPM 2015, in Salt Lake City (USA).
- 7-14/9/2015, UMI 2015, in Siena (Italy). Lecture on: Il metodo isogeometrico
- 24-27/2/2013, ACM 2013 - A Conference Celebrating the 70th
Birthday of Thomas J.R. Hughes, in San Diego (USA). Keynote lecture
on: Analysis-suitable T-splines of arbitrary degree: definition and properties
- 6-10/2/2012, High-Order
Numerical Approximation for Partial Differential Equations, in Bonn
(Germany). Lecture on: Isogeometric discretizations of Stokes (and plate) problem
- 25-28/7/2011, 11th USNCCM, in Minneapolis. Keynote lecture
on: Isogeometric discrete differential forms and other stable and smooth elements for Stokes and plate bending problems
- 17-21/5/2010, (INDAM Meeting) New frontiers in CAGD,
in Bertinoro. Four Lectures on: Isogeometric Analysis.
- 6-11/9/2009, Mathematical Physics and PDEs, in Levico Terme (Trento, Italy). Communication on: Isogeometric Analysis
- July 2017: CIME summer school on "Splines and PDEs: Recent Advances from Approximation Theory to Structured Numerical Linear Algebra", Cetraro (Italy).
- June 2016: Isogeometric Analysis:
Fundamentals and Applications (ECCAM advanced school, Crete).
- July 2014: Isogeometric Analysis:
Fundamentals and Applications (ECCAM advanced school, Barcelona).
- 2013: EWM summer school on Isogeometric Analysis, I.C.P.T. Trieste (Italy);
- 2013 - now: Elementi Finiti (for students in Mathematics, Pavia).
- 2010 - now: Metodi Elementi Finiti ed Applicazioni (for students in Engineering, Pavia).
- April 2010 and April 2012: Nonlinear
Computational Solid and Structural Mechanics (short course for PhD. students, Pavia).
- 2007 - now: Analisi Matematica (for students in Engineering, Pavia).
- 2008 - 2011: Metodi numerici per le
equazioni differenziali (for PhD. students at Scuola Normale
- 2006 - 2008: Analisi Matematica A/B (for students in Engineering, Pavia).